A World of Capabilities
In 76 years of serving the food processing and food service industries, we’ve seen it all – and done it all! Henry Broch understands each customer’s needs are unique, and uniquely important to them. That’s why we strive to offer the broadest range of processing capabilities in the industry. We invite you to bring us your challenges – along with your more standard requirements, of course.
Our Formula for Success
We will work with you on development of special products, including spice and herb blends, vegetable mixes, proteins, flavors, aromas, seasonings, soups, sauces and even complete meals.
A Place for Everything
For the convenience of our customers, we provide warehousing in our Chicago area facilities for food items, including spices, dehydrated fruits and vegetables, herbs, oils and oleoresins.
Sifting & Screening
Sift it Swiftly
We can sift or screen dry seasonings to any specification and mesh size to ensure products are free from contaminants.
No Place for Heavy Metal
Metal inspection services, include metal detector drops, use of rare earth magnets and metal detection of bulk bags, help ensure product safety and peace of mind.
Blends That Won’t Blend In
Henry Broch offers custom dry blending of fine powders, salts, granulates, leafy products and herbs as well as liquid blending of oleoresins, oils, flavors and sauces.
Keep Your Powder Dry
Drying spices and seasonings, which are typically heat sensitive, is a complex process, requiring skill, experience and attention to detail, such as moisture levels, particle size, color, pH and more. Henry Broch has the equipment to process a wide variety of product types efficiently and cost effectively, and the expertise to choose the right drying method, including:
- Freeze Drying
- Air Drying
- Drum Drying
- Spray Drying
Call Us the "Fixer"
We can assist with your product rework projects, which may be necessary due to:
- Incorrect labels, date codes or lot numbers
- Damaged bags, boxes, pails, drums, totes, etc
- Under-filled consumer products
- Out of spec products due to wrong formulation
- Out of spec due to too wrong specification or size
Milling That’s Never Run of the Mill
Milling services include heat sensitive milling with the use of nitrogen or CO2, fine powder milling with 100+-mesh powders and rough sizing for products such as green bell pepper granules and minced chilies.
Our Quality by Every Measure Extends to Your Brand
The quality of your products plays a major part in the perception of your brand and the business health. At Henry Broch Foods, we understand the critical role we play in your process – you depend on us for superior quality and we take this responsibility very seriously.
We have standard operating procedures to ensure a quality process that is industry leading. Our team invests hundreds of hours in paperwork, requirements, certifications, FSMA’s PCQI and controls at each point in the process to ensure we achieve the highest quality for you... by every measure.
Quality Standards & Certifications
Vertical Integration and Quality Control
Henry Broch Foods is committed to providing safe, pure and wholesome products that meet the high expectations of our customers. We work hand in hand with our suppliers to vertically integrate production from farm to fork.
- Our suppliers work only with local growers.
- Products are grown in the most environmentally friendly and consumer-safe manner possible.
- All products are treated in plants with BRC "A" Rating, GFSI, HACCP, and third party audit certifications.
Quality Assurance Checks, Rework and Repacking Offered
- Piece count verification and rejection
- Contamination rejection – metal, glass, plastic, foreign materials
- Product weight check under/over weight rejection
Metal Detection & Mesh Screening
- 0.8mm and up
- Rework of existing codes, removal and reapplying
- Applying new codes to existing packages
Thermal Transfer Printing
- Ability to print nutritionals, lot codes and product names in high-quality graphics
The Henry Broch Foods Production Difference
- Humidity-controlled warehouse
- Dedicated humidity-controlled production suites
- Multiple locations
- Flexible packaging facility
- Blending, rework and bottling facility
- Dedicated production and maintenance staff
- Dedicated peanut manufacturing facility
- BRC certified grade "A" rated
- GMP compliant
- HACCP trained staff
- Kosher certified
- Gluten free certification
- Organic certified